Join us this Saturday for A Vision for the Future – Practices Designed for Success: September 21, 2019, at Kenneth R. Olson Middle School in Tabernacle, NJ. As usual, we will have 3 dynamic sessions with presentations from a wide range of teacher educators sharing best practices. You will also hear from keynote speaker, Dr. Kristen Turner.
Check out the full conference program and schedule of events.
And new this year: Join us for an authors’ breakfast (extra fee required). Start the day off right with breakfast with over 20 authors!
Registration is open! On-site registration is available the day of the conference but costs a bit extra. Please register in advance, if possible.
The New Jersey Council of Teachers of English has been named as one of five recipients of the 2019 NCTE Affiliate Excellence Award, given by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). The affiliate has won the award seven times.
The Affiliate Excellence Award was established in 1996 to honor NCTE affiliates that meet high standards of performance for programming and promote improvement in English language arts teaching.
Qualifications for the award represent standards of excellence to which all NCTE affiliates should aspire. Award winners fulfilled at least eight different criteria for excellent affiliate programming during the school year of application. The required criteria include:
- increasing membership in the affiliate or NCTE;
- publishing an affiliate communications instrument at least twice a year;
- conducting at least one professional development program for members;
- completing the annual affiliate report to NCTE by the deadline;
- achieving accomplishments such as implementing and maintaining a cultural diversity plan;
- developing a program to encourage new teachers into the profession;
- participating in an NCTE Affiliate Leadership Meeting;
- participating in at least three affiliate-sponsored activities at the NCTE Annual Convention.